Mr Siddiqi is a Consultant Colorectal Surgeon and the UK’s leading surgeon in robotic surgery for pelvic floor conditions. He is the Lead for Pelvic Floor Surgery, Colorectal Robotic Surgery and Surgical Site Infections at Broomfield Hospital and has a private practice at Springfield Hospital and Spire Hartswood. Mr Siddiqi has pioneered new treatments for faecal incontinence and constipation. He is honorary senior lecturer at Anglia Ruskin University.
Recent Patient Feedback
“A very patient and calm consultant. He listened to all I had to say, his explanations of my condition were clear and concise and made in laymens terms. He made all necessary referrals to other health care professionals promptly all of which have improved my condition. It has been a pleasure to have been seen by Mr. Siddiqi.”
GMC Number: 4012113
Secretary: Sue Cherington
Telephone: 01245 234411
Mr Siddiqi is one of the GI Doctors founders. As the is a UK’s leading surgeon in robotic surgery for pelvic floor conditions we are delighted to have his wide range of knowledge and expertise available for our patients.
Areas of expertise:
Pelvic floor medicine and robotic pelvic floor surgery | Colorectal robotic surgery | Neurogastroenterology | Faecal incontinence, diarrhoea and constipation | Severe irritable bowel syndrome | Enteric dysmotilty | Chronic intermittent pseudo-obstruction | Functional bowel disorders | Pruritus ani | Minimal access surgery | Non-cancerous large bowel resections
Consultant colorectal surgeon and UK’s leading authority in robotic surgery for pelvic floor conditions. Mr Siddiqi has both surgical and medical expertise including:
- Honorary treasurer for the Pelvic Floor Society.
- Chair of the external affairs committee of the Association of Coloproctology Great Britain & Ireland.
- Neurogastroenterology and motility section committee of the British Society of Gastroenterology.
- Colorectal committee of the British Society of Gastroenterology.
- Lead for the national database for ventral mesh rectopexy.
- General surgery section editor for the Journal of Robotic Surgery.
- Innovative new therapies for a range of gastrointestinal conditions including faecal incontinence and severe IBS.
- Specialist interests in neurogastroenterology.
- Honorary Senior Lecturer with Anglia Ruskin University.
- Leading surgical research projects in robotic surgery, pelvic floor and Pruritus ani,
- Tutor for courses aimed at surgeons and consultant surgeons.