Constipation is when you have fewer than expected bowel movements. You might also pass stools that are hard and painful. Most people will experience constipation at some point and on many occasions, it can be resolved by eating a diet with more fibre and drinking more water. Persistent constipation could indicate an underlying condition which could need looking at by one of our friendly experienced GI doctors.
Consultation with a specialist and diagnosis is the first step to feeling better.
Constipation is a common symptom of a wide range of gastroenterological conditions and there are many treatment options available. Sometimes a change in diet is enough. If you have difficulty passing stools on a regular basis, consult with a gastroenterologist that can help diagnose the cause of your symptoms.
- A caring and confidential consultation with plenty of time to discuss your symptoms and concerns
- Honest diagnosis and a promise to keep you informed about any matter relating to your health
- Involvement in your treatment options
- Explanation of any medical terminology
- A detailed run-through of any tests required
- Personal care and attention
Whether your gastrointestinal symptoms started recently or are long-standing, our specialists can help diagnose and manage your condition.